Pandemic National Emergency Relief for Residential Mortgage Loan Borrowers
Announced by State of Michigan government officials on 4/23/2020
In cooperation with the C.A.R.E.S. Act, Fannie Mae, and the MiMortgage Relief Partnership; Neighborhood Mortgage Solutions (NMS) is committed to working with impacted residential mortgage loan borrowers in at least the following ways:
- Providing affected FNMA borrowers with a COVID-19 related hardship up to 6 months of forbearance of mortgage payments (forbearance may be extended up to an additional 6 months, to a total of 12 consecutive months); or,
- Providing MiMortgage Relief borrowers with a COVID-19 related hardship 90-day forbearance of mortgage payments (forbearance may be extended to a total of 12 consecutive months);
- Providing relief from mortgage-related late fees and charges for 90-days (may be extended to a total of 12 consecutive months);
- Refraining from reporting adverse credit scoring information based upon the borrower’s accessing relief;
- Foregoing new foreclosures on occupied properties in compliance with the Foreclosure and Eviction moratorium guidelines published by the GSE’s, PMI companies, and HUD, with timelines updated periodically as deemed necessary;
- Working with credit union members in the NMS network on their specific mortgage-related needs or concerns.Mortgage holders who can meet their financial obligations are encouraged to continue to do so, while those who need assistance will be able to work with NMS and their financial institution to access relief.
Please note: NMS is an authorized servicer of federally-backed mortgages (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, USDA) which are subject to federal rules.
Contact Us: If you are facing a financial hardship during this difficult time, please reach out to us for your loan options by:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 877.658.2230 (Option 8) | Text: 989.497.1440
Due to extremely high contact volume, please expect a response within 5 business days.
For more information on COVID-19 related mortgage relief, see: www.michigan.gov/MiMortgageRelief